Public Relations Workgroup
Increase awareness of mental health, disabilities, and co-occurring substance use disorders across our state and locally through efficient use of resources, both human and financial.
The CMHA PR Workgroup includes volunteer professionals from its member organizations. This workgroup develops, shares and implements communications and public relations strategies in support of CMHA and member events and efforts, including the annual Walk a Mile in My Shoes Rally in Lansing.
Chair: Bridgitte Gates, Monroe County CMH Authority
Vice Chair: Anna Bednarek, CMH of Ottawa County
Why is PR Important?
•Offers unique benefits over company-produced ads or publications
•Can influence public thought
•Can reach several audiences at once
•Creates a better understanding of an issue or position
What is Newsworthy?
•Human interest stories
2022 Committee Schedule (10:00am – 12:30pm, unless otherwise noted)
- March 2 (Zoom meeting – 9am to 11am)
- April 6 (Zoom meeting – 9am to 11am)
- May 25 (Time, Location, Hybrid TBD)
- August 3 (Time, Location, Hybrid TBD)
- September 15, 2022 (Walk A Mile Rally – Capitol Lawn, Lansing)
- October 5 (Time, Location, Hybrid TBD)
- November 2 (Time, Location, Hybrid TBD)
- December 7 (Time, Location, Hybrid TBD)